FTA Ireland used its recent AGM and council meeting to present some of its members with their FTA Ireland TruckSafe™, VanSafe and PassengerSafe Awards.
“VanSafe is a scheme designed by some of the best van operators in Ireland; facilitated and managed by FTA Ireland to recognise excellence and improve operational standards. At its heart is the VanSafe Code which is a Code of Practice outlining ‘what good looks like’ in van operations,” Aidan Flynn, CEO, FTA Ireland commented.
FTA Ireland TruckSafe™ audits operational compliance in the areas of road safety, haulage operations, roadworthiness, working time and environmental efficiencies. TruckSafe™ is available at 3 levels ‘Bronze’, ‘Silver’ and ‘Gold’
The TruckSafe™ standard is driving a culture of professionalism and compliance that is supporting the integrity of the haulage, and own account, distribution services.
At Silver and Gold levels the standard focuses on how commercial fleet operators are managing their fuel purchasing and consumption. Members undertake an annual audit of their compliance in these areas. This process demonstrates members commitment to compliance and safety standards and affords recognition for the company and team for the work being done to attain the highest possible compliance standards.
1. Obtain recognition from the industry, customers, and the public for the highest operating standards.
2. Raise standards of professionalism and compliance within the commercial fleet transport sector
3. Ongoing advice and information to members on key issues affecting their business.
4. Promotes driving for work initiatives.
5. More likely to adopt a fuel management plan (including analysing data from fuel cards l/100km)
6. Additional Green Standard level in sustainable logistic solutions
? For more information on TruckSafe check out the Video https://lnkd.in/eyyGhmwG below or visit https://lnkd.in/gjEmJxrB
? For more information on VanSafe visit https://lnkd.in/erMFJV9h