Irish hauliers operating in Europe are set to encounter a raft of road transport rule changes starting next month.
First up is an EU-wide regulation change, which comes into force on February 2, where a number of changes to the Mobility Package will enter into force.
This includes the following:
- the obligation to report the posting of drivers in a special interface for carriers connected to the IMI Internal Market Information System
- the obligation to pay drivers at least the full minimum wage applicable in each member state while they are working there
- the obligation to register border crossings on digital tachographs
- the mandatory return of commercial vehicles to their base every 8 weeks
- a maximum of 3 cabotage operations in one country may be performed within a 7-day period. After this period, the truck may not enter this country for 4 days.
In addition, as of May 30th, there are additional rules for the transport of goods via light vehicles.
Watch this space for updates.